Specialising in real estate and commercial property law, Alasdair has a particular focus on large and complex subdivisions and development work.
Alasdair advises clients on the acquisition and divestment of significant commercial portfolios and a broad range of property matters, including due diligence, overseas investment, leasing and development and sales.
He has experience acting for some of New Zealand’s largest private developers and publicly listed corporates with their property portfolios, and for significant international property investors and funders.
As a member of Chapman Tripp's dedicated China Desk, Alasdair regularly helps clients operating in the Asia Pacific market with their New Zealand investments and development goals.
- Assisting Todd Property Group with the separation and divestment of significant land assets and on-going development business to NZ PropCo.
- Advising a leading NZX-listed retirement village operator on due diligence, overseas investment approval and acquisition of new development sites for retirement villages and aged care facilities.
- Supporting Fonterra on the leasing and real estate aspects of their sale of Tip Top to global ice cream manufacturer Froneri.
- Representing The Warehouse Group on the sale, development and lease-back of a strategic Auckland site.
- Leading the completion of the subdivision and sell-down of McConnell Property’s Addison master-planned residential development.
- Advising an international forestry investor on their New Zealand acquisitions of forestry rights and leases.
- Property Law Section of the New Zealand Law Society.
- Institute of Directors in New Zealand.