With expertise across a variety of large construction projects ranging from hotel developments to irrigation schemes, Amelia specialises in construction law.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp in February 2018, Amelia was a partner in a niche construction and engineering law practice in South Africa where she advised developers, contractors and consultants in the residential, commercial and industrial sectors.
- Advised Ministry of Health on consultant engagements and demolition arrangements for its new Dunedin Hospital development.
- Acted for the Crown as funders of the Kurow-Duntroon irrigation scheme and the Waimea Water Dam project.
- Advised Fu Wah on its development of the Park Hyatt Auckland Hotel and ongoing day-to-day management of the project.
- Counselled Shundi on its Seascape Towers and Ballantyne House hotel and residential development on Customs Street in Auckland.
- Assisted Westpac on its finance of Todd Generation's Project Tasman.
- Advised Ministry of Education’s infrastructure services unit on construction procurement and contracting.
- Society of Construction Law.