LLB (Hons), University of Waikato, BBS, Massey University
2011, New Zealand
Amy has experience advising on a range of public law matters, including Privacy Act and Official Information Act requests and complaints.
Amy's public law work has required appearances before the Waitangi Tribunal, High Court and Court of Appeal. This court experience means that she can provide advice to clients that covers practical risks of decision making.
Known for her experience acting on multiple litigation claims arising out of the Canterbury earthquakes, Amy has also acted for insurers on a range of matters and cases, including liability and life insurance matters.
- Currently seconded to the Crown Law Office as Crown Counsel in the Treaty team assisting with litigation and advice focused on Treaty of Waitangi and other public law issues. Appeared at Court of Appeal, High Court and led the Crown response to a number of Waitangi Tribunal urgency applications over the course of the secondment to date.
- Assisted Crown agencies and large life insurers (on both claims related advice and regulatory advice related to the FMA/RBNZ conduct and culture review), while on secondment.
- Advised EQC on proceedings arising out of the Canterbury earthquakes.
- Advised on a range of disputes for both commercial and insured clients.
- Assisted with proceedings for a range of government clients including Office of Treaty Settlements, Te Puni Kōkiri, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health, in areas including Treaty of Waitangi, Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Act 2011, constitutional law and judicial review proceedings.
- Wellington Women Lawyers’ Association member.