Specialising in employment law, Anne advises clients on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment issues including health and safety.
Anne has represented clients at mediation and at the Employment Relations Authority, presented pleas in mitigation at health and safety sentencing hearings, and assisted in defending health and safety prosecutions. She has advised numerous clients on issues arising from personal grievances, disciplinary investigations, restructuring, performance management and medical incapacity.
She has particularly strong experience and knowledge advising clients on all issues related to compliance with the Holidays Act 2003.
- Advised medium and large employers on their rights and obligations during the COVID-19 lockdown (including obligations arising under the Government’s wage subsidy scheme).
- Advised clients on the implications of the triangular employment relationship amendments.
- Advised a major corporate client regarding a pay equity claim.
- Prepared submissions on the Screen Industry Workers Bill.
- Advised corporate clients on the full range of employment issues including restraints of trade, Holiday Act claims, disciplinary processes, restructuring and redundancy.
- Advised on the employment aspects of numerous commercial acquisitions and mergers.
- Advised clients on various personal grievance claims including appearing at mediations, drafting Employment Relations Authority documents and negotiating settlement agreements.