BA/LLB (Hons), The University of Auckland
4 December 2015
Specialising in corporate law, Calvin focuses on private equity, venture capital and mergers and acquisitions.
Calvin advises on a range of corporate transactions including business sales and acquisitions, corporate restructures, shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements and employee share schemes.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp in 2018, Calvin worked at another Big Six law firm in its corporate and commercial team. Over the last few years, he has also been seconded to the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation, where he provided in-house legal support on a range of commercial matters.
- Acted for Kathmandu in the acquisition of the global Rip Curl business for AU$350m.
- Assisted PGG Wrightson in the divestment of its seeds business for $421m to DLF Seeds.
- Assisted with the corporate restructure of a large private property portfolio.
- Advised Pencarrow Private Equity on their investment into Avanti Finance Limited.
- Assisted Ventia in its acquisition of the Broadspectrum business from Ferrovial, in Australia and New Zealand.