LLB, BCom, University of Canterbury
2018, New Zealand
Dan specialises in corporate and commercial law, with a particular focus on information technology projects, outsourcing, privacy and data protection issues.
He advises clients on a variety of complex commercial arrangements, including licensing of intellectual property, procurement, supply and distribution agreements, and information technology matters.
Dan has been seconded to a large New Zealand business, where he provided in-house legal support on a range of commercial matters. He is also the co-author of Thomson Reuters’ Practical Law guide to contracts, negotiation and enforcement in New Zealand.
- Microsoft, on a number of technology and commercial licensing arrangements and matters,
- Fonterra, on a number of commercial arrangements in New Zealand and overseas, including licensing of intellectual property, digital advice and general consumer advice,
- Kiwi Group Holdings Limited on the sale of Kiwi Wealth to Fisher Funds for $310m, including in relation to the strategic partnership between Fisher Funds and Kiwibank and the transitional arrangements for the transaction,
- A major multinational on its acquisition of a significant livestock technology business, including in relation to its transitional services arrangements,
- Bank of New Zealand, on a number of outsourcing arrangements (including software licensing agreements and master services agreements), its Reserve Bank BS11 outsourcing regulatory obligations, and privacy and data protection obligations,
- a range of clients on compliance with New Zealand’s telecommunications, privacy and data protection laws, and
- a range of vendors and purchasers on intellectual property, data protection, regulatory and information technology aspects of the sale and purchase of businesses.