BCA, Victoria University of Wellington; LLB (Hons), Victoria University of Wellington; LLM, Harvard University
1983, New Zealand
David specialises in structuring commercial transactions and taxation law, focusing on corporate and international taxation.
With a proven track record of over 25 years, David has led multi-disciplinary teams to deliver complex projects on time and to client requirements. He has also been involved in commercial and tax structuring and financing, negotiation and documentation for a wide range of commercial arrangements.
Before joining Chapman Tripp in 2010, he was a partner at an Australasian law firm for 20 years.
David is recognised as a leading individual by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021.
- Advised Shell on its New Zealand strategic review.
- Assisted an NZX-listed company on a significant tax dispute settled with Inland Revenue on favourable terms.
- Helped an offshore infrastructure investor obtain Inland Revenue binding rulings.
- Advised an NZX-listed company on its employee share scheme.
- Assisted a Chinese property development group establish and finance operations in New Zealand.
- Acted for a New Zealand corporate investor in relation to offshore investments.