LLB, BCA, Victoria University of Wellington
2010, New Zealand
Edwina advises clients on a wide range of tax matters including cross-border transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring and tax disputes.
Her experience in the financial services industry means she is well placed to advise clients throughout the banking, insurance, funds management and property fund sectors. She also has a strong interest in tax policy and how this can affect economic, social and environmental outcomes.
As Chapman Tripp’s representative on the Young International Fiscal Association, Edwina keeps abreast of international tax trends and issues.
Before joining Chapman Tripp in 2018, Edwina was a senior manager at a Big Four accounting firm.
- Advised on the tax aspects of significant M&A transactions including Vector's sale of its gas treatment assets to Todd Petroleum Mining Company Limited.
- Advised multi-national groups on the application of New Zealand's permanent establishment rules.
- Obtained binding rulings for clients on a range of transactions including clients in the technology, life insurance and electricity industries, and a consortium bidding on a large scale social housing project.
- Advised on the complex GST implications on proposed large-scale housing development projects.
- Advised on tax disputes with Inland Revenue including a dispute relating to transfer pricing for a multi-national technology company.
- Advised banks, investment funds and listed property funds on the PIE rules.
- Chapman Tripp’s representative on the committee for the New Zealand Young International Fiscal Association.
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand member.