2019, New Zealand
Emma specialises in civil litigation and dispute resolution, with a particular interest in contract and trust disputes.
She is an experienced advocate and has appeared as counsel in the High Court, District Court, and Family Court. She has also represented clients at mediation and judicial settlement conferences.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, Emma worked at a boutique litigation firm specialising in trust, estate and relationship property disputes. Emma has published articles in the STEP Journal, the Auckland University Law Review and the New Zealand Family Law Journal on the Trusts Act, cost consequences for trustees and income disparity caused by relationships.
- Acting for shareholders in relation to claims against a company under the Companies Act.
- Representing a finance company on a complex dispute arising out of a loan agreement.
- Acting for high net-worth individuals in relation to trust, relationship property, estate and cross-border company disputes.
- Advising publicly listed companies on their D&O insurance policies.
- Assisting James Hardie in relation to building product liability and weathertightness litigation.
- Member of Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association of New Zealand (RITANZ).
- Member of Arbitrators’ and Mediators’ Institute of New Zealand (AMINZ).
- Member of Auckland Women Lawyers’ Association (AWLA).
- Member of Institute of Finance Professionals New Zealand Inc (INFINZ).