LLB, BA, University of Otago
Specialising in litigation, dispute resolution and resource management, Grace advises clients on a range of litigation disputes.
Her work also includes advising a national network utility operator on a wide range of resource management issues.
Starting her career at a boutique law firm, Grace specialised in construction, insurance and resource management law, where she gained invaluable hands-on experience at an early stage in her career.
She has appeared in the Court of Appeal, High Court and District Court and also has experience in alternative forms of dispute resolution, including mediations, judicial settlement conferences and construction adjudications.
- Assisting with the conduct of James Hardie New Zealand’s defence to a large weathertightness-related class-action proceeding in the High Court.
- Providing ongoing advice to a national network utility operator on a wide range of resource management issues affecting its infrastructure.
- Providing advice on compensation under the Biosecurity Act 1993 and associated legislation.
- Advised and represented the Earthquake Commission on multiple High Court and District Court proceedings, as well as providing advice on other issues arising from the Canterbury earthquakes and other natural disasters.
- Member of the Wellington Women Lawyers’ Association.
- Member of the Resource Management Law Association.
- Member of the New Zealand Insurance Law Association.