BCom/LLB, Victoria University of Wellington
2020, New Zealand
Jessica is a specialist tax lawyer with experience assisting clients with income tax and GST issues across a wide range of industries and transactions.
Jessica advises on all aspects of New Zealand tax law. She has a strong interest in assisting New Zealand and offshore clients with transactional and advisory tax matters in connection with private equity, banking and corporate finance, M&A, land transactions and general corporate tax.
She has experience advising clients on complex cross-border tax issues, including advising international investors and high net worth individuals on the application of New Zealand domestic tax regimes.
Jessica is a Chartered Accountant with Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand (CA ANZ). Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, Jessica worked for another large New Zealand law firm.
- Advised various high net worth individuals on issues relating to New Zealand tax residence and taxation of private wealth investments, including structuring international investments.
- Advised on the tax aspects of various entity structures, including trusts, companies, limited partnerships and look-through companies.
- Obtained favourable binding rulings for corporates and private businesses.
- Assisted a number of private equity firms with their fund structures, acquisitions and various investment sales.
- Provided tax due diligence and advised on the sale and purchase of businesses.
- Advised clients on the tax aspects of the establishment of employee share schemes.
- Committee Member of the Young International Fiscal Association Network (YIN) New Zealand.
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand.
- Member of Institute of Finance Professionals New Zealand Inc (INFINZ).
- New Zealand Women's Law Journal — Te Aho Kawe Kaupapa Ture a ngā Wāhine.