Advising public and commercial clients, Jo helps with consenting major infrastructure and transportation projects, environmental compliance, climate change and waste legislation, and the Overseas Investment Act.
She also provides strategic advice on district and regional planning at Council and Environment Court levels.
- Advised Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency on resource management approvals for major roading projects, including the Tauranga Northern Link, Southern Links (Hamilton), Puhoi to Warkworth, the Cambridge Section of the Waikato Expressway and the Waterview Connection Project.
- Assisted James Hardie to secure resource consents for a greenfield silica sand extraction activity.
- Advised clients on environmental incidents and enforcement action under the Resource Management Act.
- Prepared submissions for industrial clients on the Zero Carbon Act and Emissions Trading Scheme.
- Provided advice to corporate entities on environmental due diligence for both purchasers and vendors.
- Assessed the sensitivity of land under the Overseas Investment Act 2005.
- Resource Management Law Association member.