LLB (Hons), BSc, University of Auckland
2016, New Zealand
Kelly advises clients on a broad range of finance matters, with experience in project financing, syndicated and bi-lateral bank financing and securitisation programmes.
In particular, she has advised government agencies and corporates on financing and commercial aspects of projects and other transactions, including major infrastructure projects.
Before joining Chapman Tripp in 2018, Kelly worked for a specialist finance and corporate firm in Auckland.
- Advised the government on its $900m support package for Air New Zealand.
- Advised Southern Cross Cables, a joint venture between Spark, Singtel, Telstra, and Verizon, on the financing and construction of SX Next, its trans-Pacific subsea cable connecting New Zealand, Australia, the US and certain Pacific Islands.
- Acted for Crown Irrigation Investments Limited on its funding support for the construction of the $105.9m Waimea dam.
- Acted for InfraRed Infrastructure Fund on the sell down of its equity interests in the Auckland South Corrections Facility public private partnership (PPP) project – this is the first sale of equity in a New Zealand PPP.
- Acted for the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment on funding out of the Provincial Growth Fund.