Liam specialises in corporate and securities law, focusing on equity capital markets transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate governance.
With a broad experience in securities law, he advises listed clients on all aspects of equity capital markets transactions, listed company compliance, and corporate governance matters.
Liam also has experience assisting a broad range of clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, complex commercial contracts and regulatory compliance.
Liam is of Ngāi Tahu descent and is a member of our Māori Legal Group, Te Waka Ture, providing strategic and commercial advice for iwi and hapū, Māori businesses, Māori owning entities and clients looking to work with them. He has appeared before the Māori Land Court.
- Auckland Racing Club (now Auckland Thoroughbred Racing Incorporated) on its amalgamation with the Counties Racing Club, to create combined “super club” with assets north of $130m
- NZX-listed Precinct on its $250m innovative placement and supersized share purchase plan equity capital raising
- NZX and ASX-listed Oceania on its first equity capital raising via a $100m placement and supersized share purchase plan
- the independent directors of NZX-listed Precinct on the $215m internalisation of its management arrangements
- Ngāpuhi Asset Holding Company on all aspects of its joint venture with Northland grower Maungatapere Berries and Far North District Council to develop a sustainability-focused, high-tech hydroponics berryfruit operation, which is set to become one of the largest employers in the region
- the underwriters of SKYCITY’s equity raising responding to COVID-19 through an underwritten placement of $180m, and a follow-on $50m share purchase plan.
- Member of the Institute of Directors in New Zealand.
- Member of Institute of Finance Professionals New Zealand.
- Member of Te Hunga Roia Māori o Aotearoa.