Specialising in litigation, dispute resolution, and environmental and resource management matters, Lucy advises clients on a wide range of legal and strategic issues.
Lucy has appeared as counsel at Council, Environment Court, and High Court level, and represented clients at mediation and informal negotiations. Her experience includes major commercial and residential development, significant infrastructure projects, contaminated land, hazardous substances, urban development, commercial due diligences and more.
Lucy has also worked on a number of more general litigation matters, including debt recoveries, bankruptcies, employment disputes, and neighbour disputes.
- Advised the Youth Hub Trust in obtaining consent for the Youth Hub on Salisbury Street, including the successful mediation of conditions after appeal by a local residents group. Also assisted the Trust in its application to the Government for shovel-ready funding following the COVID-19 epidemic. The Trust was successful in obtaining $10m from the Covid-19 Response and Recovery Fund for the construction of the Youth Hub.
- Advised Canterbury Cricket Trust to obtain approvals to construct and operate six lighting towers at 48.9 metres high and other operational requirements at the Hagley Oval in Hagley Park.
- Advised Christchurch Casino in obtaining renewal of their casino venue license under the Gambling Act, the first application of its kind in New Zealand.
- Assisted Lyttelton Port Company to consent large and complex projects at Lyttelton Port.
- Advising and appearing as counsel for large private developers in relation to significant private plan changes for residential, commercial and industrial land.
- Advising and appearing for a range of smaller organisations and individuals in opposing resource consents.
- Member of Canterbury Women’s Legal Association.
- Member of Resource Management Law Association.