LLB, Victoria University of Wellington; BA, University of Canterbury
2016, New Zealand
Specialising in tax law, Morgan advises clients on a broad range of tax issues within the New Zealand tax system.
She has experience in tax due diligence and array of tax compliance issues including the preparation of income tax returns and also tax calculations for financial reporting.
Before joining Chapman Tripp in 2019, Morgan was a senior consultant at a Big Four accounting firm.
- Advised My Food Bag on its $449m IPO.
- Advised on the complex GST implications on proposed large-scale housing development projects.
- Advised multiple non-resident companies on the New Zealand tax implications of starting business in New Zealand and structuring considerations.
- Assisted in tax due diligence reviews for a number of clients, including both buy-side and sell-side.
- Assisted in the preparation of tax calculations for complex New Zealand businesses.
- Advised for tax implications of liquidations, including liquidator liabilities in relation to tax.
- Seconded temporarily to a leading bank to assist in their in-house tax team compliance function.