LLB, BSc (Economics), University of Otago
2017, New Zealand
Pearson specialises in corporate and commercial law, focusing on public and private sector contracting, procurement, TMT and intellectual property.
He has broad experience advising clients from a range of industries on all aspects of corporate and commercial contracting. He has a particular interest in contracting in the public sector and intellectual property.
Pearson also regularly advises on privacy, data protection, fair trading and consumer law.
- Advising the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment on all commercial and procurement aspects of the MIQ programme.
- Advising the Ministry of Transport on IAFC and MIAC, programmes supporting international airfreight connectivity in response to the impacts of COVID-19.
- Advising Te Puni Kōkiri on commercial and contract components of commissioning for Whānau Ora Outcomes, including renegotiation of its funding/relationship contracts with the three Whānau Ora Commissioning Agencies, responding to impacts of COVID-19 and implementation of localised solutions.
- Assisting Southern Cross Cables on commercial and customer (including sponsor) arrangements relating to its US$300m trans-Pacific ‘SX NEXT’ cable build.
- Advising a New Zealand-based client on licensing and service arrangements with a social media platform.
- Working with Powerco on its long-term field services contracts for its electricity and gas networks, as well as on network access arrangements.