Pearson specialises in corporate and commercial law, focusing on public and private sector contracting, procurement, TMT and intellectual property.
He has broad experience advising clients from a range of industries on all aspects of corporate and commercial contracting. He has a particular interest in contracting in the public sector and intellectual property.
Pearson also regularly advises on privacy, data protection, fair trading and consumer law.
- Advising the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment on all commercial and procurement aspects of the MIQ programme.
- Advising the Ministry of Transport on IAFC and MIAC, programmes supporting international airfreight connectivity in response to the impacts of COVID-19.
- Advising Te Puni Kōkiri on commercial and contract components of commissioning for Whānau Ora Outcomes, including renegotiation of its funding/relationship contracts with the three Whānau Ora Commissioning Agencies, responding to impacts of COVID-19 and implementation of localised solutions.
- Assisting Southern Cross Cables on commercial and customer (including sponsor) arrangements relating to its US$300m trans-Pacific ‘SX NEXT’ cable build.
- Advising a New Zealand-based client on licensing and service arrangements with a social media platform.
- Working with Powerco on its long-term field services contracts for its electricity and gas networks, as well as on network access arrangements.