With extensive experience of commercial litigation and dispute resolution, Sarah advises clients on a wide range of commercial disputes.
She helps with contractual and statutory interpretation, tort and equity-based claims, insurance, regulatory and contentious public law issues.
Sarah advises clients throughout the litigation strategy phase through to representing them in court or arbitral proceedings, appearing in all New Zealand courts as junior counsel right up to the Supreme Court.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, Sarah spent five years as a commercial litigator at an international law firm in London. She continues to apply her skill and experience from working across different jurisdictions for her clients today.
- Successfully represented Chorus defending High Court claims alleging misuse of confidential information and breaches of the Fair Trading Act and fiduciary duty.
- Successfully defended Z Energy in High Court claims for breach of an implied contractual supply obligation.
- Appeared as junior counsel in the High Court, Court of Appeal, and Supreme Court for Wellington Airport in its defence of the application for judicial review (of Civil Aviation Authority approval of its proposed runway extension) brought by the New Zealand Airline Pilots’ Association.
- Advised clients on a range of data protection issues, including preparation of privacy statements and responses to Privacy Act and Official Information Act requests.
- Provided a wide range of advice to clients on contractual issues, focusing on identifying issues at an early stage and providing commercially pragmatic and strategic guidance.
- Infrastructure New Zealand (Emerging Talent Network).