BA (University of Otago), LLB (Victoria University of Wellington)
2017, New Zealand
Tim specialises in corporate lending, banking and commercial law, focussing on structured finance and infrastructure.
He advises clients on commercial and public sector contracting, procurement and development processes, and regulatory compliance.
Before joining Chapman Tripp, Tim worked at a boutique commercially focussed law firm where he gained experience in business acquisitions, banking regulation, and commercial contracting and disputes.
- Advising lenders such as The Co-operative Bank and TSB Bank on the development of nationwide compliance programmes, credit debt recovery policies, and updates to loan agreement and general terms and conditions wording.
- Advising on acquisition of a separate online gift card platform for a world-leading mobile payments and prepaid services provider (epay New Zealand Limited, a division of Euronet Worldwide, Inc.)
- Advising leading Australasian providers of occupational psychological products and services at the manufacture and distribution levels (Podium Systems Limited, OPRA Psychology Group) on distribution contracts in Australia and New Zealand, and IP licensing and disputes.
- Advising Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities on development of standard terms and negotiation of grants under the Infrastructure Acceleration Fund.
- Advising the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment on infrastructure lending for Kānoa – Regional Economic Development and Investment Unit.