Tim specialises in corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on ICT projects, outsourcing, intellectual property, procurement, privacy and data protection, and consumer law.
With a passion for designing and implementing technology-enhanced legal services, Tim has delivered a number of complex legal automation projects for our clients.
Tim is recognised as a Leading Lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2024 and as a Leading Individual by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2024.
- Advising Kiwibank on procurement and contracting for its new core banking system, as well as a wide range of partnership, supply and distribution contracts enabling Kiwibank’s credits cards, insurance and home loan offerings.
- Assisting Airways with licensing, implementation and long-term support contracts for the replacement of its Air Traffic Management System, a five-year, $60m capital project.
- Helping Powerco tender and negotiate long-term field services contracts with the major providers of maintenance and upgrade work on its electricity lines network, and supporting Powerco on a wide range of contract and regulatory matters concerning access to and use of its gas and electricity lines networks.
- Helping Transpower re-tender and negotiate long-term grid services contractors with the major providers of maintenance and upgrade work on the national grid.
- Advising Vector/AMS on negotiation of its electricity smart metering arrangements with Genesis and Contact, underpinning the first two mass deployments of smart meters in New Zealand.
- Advising Powerco on procurement of gas metering equipment, negotiation of metering services agreements with gas retailers, and negotiation of a significant subcontract under which Powerco provides smart gas meter asset services for another metering services provider.
- Advising Hg Capital, on its NZ$255m acquisition of a majority stake in Orion Health’s Rhapsody business, including negotiation of significant long term software licensing arrangements as part of separating Rhapsody from the remainder of Orion Health.
- Advising Maritime New Zealand on the tender process and contracts for construction and maintenance of a ground station and IT system forming part of the global MEOSAR satellite network, which monitors and relays signals from emergency distress beacons.
- Supporting New Zealand Post on contracts for the replacement of its FMIS/ERP system, an overhaul of its outsourced payroll solution, and migrating its core billing systems to the cloud.
- Working with Chorus on the negotiation of its UFB2 arrangements with Crown Infrastructure Partners (formerly Crown Fibre Holdings).