Jarrod specialises in asset and succession planning and trusts and estates work. His clients include New Zealand individuals and families, recent migrants to New Zealand and professional trustee and fiduciary organisations.
An experienced trustee himself, Jarrod is familiar with the issues facing fiduciaries and frequently advises trustees and executors on their duties and responsibilities and on trust governance matters.
Also a relationship property matters expert, he assists clients through the often difficult process of agreeing relationship property, contracting out agreements and settlements upon separations.
Jarrod also advises charities and other not-for-profit trusts and societies on structuring, establishment and governance issues.
Having held positions in leading international law firms Clifford Chance and Allen & Overy in Amsterdam, Hong Kong and London, he has extensive international experience in tax and banking and finance too.
Jarrod is recognised as a leading lawyer by Chambers High Net Worth 2019, and described as "highly responsive and a pleasure to deal with".
- Establishing trusts and other estate and wealth-planning structures for a number of New Zealanders and immigrants and their families, taking into account succession and other inter-generational needs.
- Advising trustees and directors of family companies on a range of governance, administration and reporting issues and trust resettlements, variations and reorganisations and corporate restructurings.
- Advising clients on matrimonial and other relationship property issues and relationship property agreements, including negotiating "contracting out" agreements and settlement agreements.
- Assisting offshore clients and their family offices on issues related with immigration to New Zealand and advising on cross-border asset protection structures and estate planning matters.
- Advising charities and not-for-profits on trust deed interpretation issues and the powers and duties of trust boards.
- Member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
- Member of International Fiscal Association.
- Member of Auckland District Law Society trust Law Committee.