Chapman Tripp is known as the go‑to firm for complex, business-critical strategic mandates – we advise on the full spectrum of corporate and commercial law.
Our focus is to help you to achieve a competitive edge in today’s market with clear, commercially focused advice. We provide specialist expert advice to our clients, helping to develop strategies, manage projects and execute transactions.
We have consistently advised on more M&A deals than any other New Zealand firm, as evidenced in Mergermarket, Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters M&A league tables. We have also advised on two thirds of the IPOs and NZX Main Board listings over the last ten years.
Providing international and New Zealand clients with the full spectrum of corporate and commercial legal advice, that's clear and fit for purpose, including:
- domestic and cross-border M&A
- equity capital market transactions
- complex projects and contracting arrangements
- structuring, governance and advisory
- project management.
Our Company and Securities Law Compendium makes it easy for you to access relevant links to core company and securities law, and recent developments.
Some of our recent notable highlights include advising:
- Infratil on the $3.4b acquisition of Vodafone New Zealand and $400m capital raising
- Fonterra Co-operative Group on the sale of Tip Top, its iconic ice cream brand
- AMP on the sale of AMP Life to Resolution Life Group for AU$3.3b
- ANZ Bank New Zealand on its sale of OnePath Life for $700m to specialist global insurer Cigna Corporation
- Shell New Zealand on all aspects of its New Zealand divestment programme, including the various separate divestments and overall regulatory strategy
- Blackstone on its deal to buy seven big central Auckland office blocks (the VXV commercial precinct) for $635m
- IKO on its acquisition of Fletcher Building's international roofing products manufacturer Roof Tile Group
- PGG Wrightson on its latest deal to sell its seed and grain business to leading global seeds group DLF Seeds for $421m
- Mercury on all aspects of the sale of its smart-metering business, Metrix, to intelliHUB Group for a cash consideration of $270m
- Gas Services NZ on the $200m acquisition of the Ahuroa Gas Storage Facility from Contact Energy
- NZX-listed Trilogy International, on its sale to Capital China Partners III, L.P (CITIC), Hong Kong-based private equity firm, via a scheme of arrangement
- Tegel Foods on all legal aspects of Philippine’s Bounty Fresh Food Inc’s $437.8m takeover of the New Zealand based poultry company.
Ranked Tier One for corporate work.Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 | Chambers Asia Pacific 2021 | Chambers Global 2020