Whether you’re a land or property developer, owner, operator, investor, contractor or occupier; we’ll help you get a successful outcome on your land, real estate or construction project.
We’re well known for advising on some of the largest and most complex real estate projects in New Zealand history.
Because of our size and specialist expertise, we can draw on skills from across the firm and help you with project financing, construction, resource management and other advice. And we also have a leading offering for Asia-based investors, advising several significant Chinese clients on interactions with the Overseas Investment Office.
Advising on the full spectrum of property and real estate work including:
- complex and large-scale development work across the residential, retail and commercial sectors
- acquisition and disposal
- leases and licences
- subdivision and land development
- overseas investment
- tourism and hotels
- dispute resolution.
- Advising global private equity firm Blackstone Group on acquiring seven large Auckland office blocks including the KPMG, Auckland Transport, Microsoft and HP, Fonterra Centre, Bayleys House, Datacom and Air New Zealand buildings, for $635m.
- Assisting NZX-listed property company Augusta Capital with acquisitions for its industrial fund in excess of $295m and the Parnell office development in Auckland valued at $116m.
- Acting for Todd Property Group on the sale of the majority of its New Zealand property portfolio to NZPropCo.
- Acting for Willis Bond on residential development projects at Wynyard Quarter.
- Advising Hengyi, an Australian-based developer, on all property aspects of its development of the 57-storey Pacifica development on Commerce Street in Auckland.
- Acting as lead adviser on the negotiation of a development agreement with Queenstown Lakes District Council for the $1b staged development of the Lakeview precinct in Queenstown.
- Representing Panuku Development Auckland on negotiation of an agreement with marine services company Orams for the redevelopment of the marine precinct within Wynyard Quarter in Auckland. Stage 1 will comprise a $200m super yacht facility and Stage 2 will comprise a large apartment tower.
Ranked Tier One for real estate work.Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022 | Chambers Asia Pacific 2022