Information we collect
We collect personal information about you when you visit our website, engage us or request our advice, ask us to send you publications, or when you otherwise interact with us.
Please be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. If you send us any information over the internet you send it at your own risk.
Chapman Tripp will collect general information about site use, demand for relevant products, services, facilities and information, and related site information. This data will not include any information which personally identifies you.
If you do not provide us with certain personal information that we request, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
How we use your personal information
We only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- if you are a client, engaging you as a client of the firm and providing our services to you
- checking legal or commercial conflicts
- where we have your consent, emailing you updates, event invitations and publications that we think you may be interested in
- when you apply to be employed, or contracted, by Chapman Tripp, for recruitment, employment and contracting purposes
- complying with our legal obligations, including in relation to anti-money laundering and countering financing of terrorism legislation
- carrying out our internal business and administrative purposes.
We will not use or disclose any personal information for any other purpose without your consent, unless we are required to do so by applicable law.
In connection with the above purposes, we may disclose your personal information to our service providers.
If you would like to access your personal information we hold about you, or believe that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: June 2020