As technology continues to evolve, securing and defending your intellectual property is more important than ever.
Supporting innovation and technological advancement, our dedicated patent specialists will help you prepare and file patent applications in Australia and New Zealand. And through our global network, we can advance patent applications in the United States, Europe, Japan and around the world.
Chapman Tripp Patents adds to the firm's leading legal service offering and extending our market-leading intellectual property (IP) practice where our tier one team provides copyright, trade mark, industrial design, and litigation support to our blue chip client base. We are proud to be working with the country’s largest manufacturers and leading inventors as we take New Zealand technology to the world stage.
Our patent clients benefit from the depth and breadth of expertise available at the firm from commercialisation, finance and tax advice, through to M&A, employment and dispute resolution.
As the only tier one New Zealand-owned patent firm in the country, our team of specialists are highly experienced in all aspects of patent work, including:
- drafting and filing of patent applications on behalf of local applicants
- filing Convention and National Phase patent applications into Australia and New Zealand on behalf of foreign applicants
- advancing patent applications worldwide through examination to grant
- freedom-to-operate searching and advice
- infringement and validity opinions
- patent opposition and revocation proceedings
- patent infringement litigation.