As technology accelerates, securing and defending your intellectual property is more important than ever.
Supporting innovation and technological advancement, our dedicated patent specialists will help you prepare and file patent applications in Australia and New Zealand. And through our global network, we can advance patent applications in the United States, Europe, Japan and around the world.
Chapman Tripp Patents adds to the firm's leading legal service offering and extends our market-leading intellectual property (IP) practice where our tier one team provides copyright, trade mark, industrial design, and litigation support to a blue chip client base. We are proud to be working with the country’s largest manufacturers and leading inventors as we take New Zealand technology to the world stage.
Our patent clients benefit from the depth and breadth of expertise available at the firm from commercialisation, finance and tax advice, through to M&A, employment and dispute resolution.
Our team of specialists are highly experienced in all aspects of patent work, across all fields of technology:
- drafting and filing patent applications for local applicants
- filing Convention and National Phase patent applications into Australia and New Zealand for foreign applicants
- advancing patent applications worldwide through examination to grant
- freedom-to-operate searching and advice
- infringement and validity opinions
- patent opposition and revocation proceedings
- patent infringement litigation.