Securing the right finance structure for your business is crucial – whether you are looking to grow through acquisition or investment, harness new market opportunities, drive your project build pipeline or simply need working capital. And all while navigating a continuously changing economy and regulatory environment.
We act for many of the country’s most significant corporates, assisting them to finance their activities and achieve their business objectives. We also work with local and international banks and their counsel, as well as a large number of non-bank lending institutions to navigate the increasingly complex regulatory environment in meeting their customers bespoke funding needs. This means we understand the issues on both sides and can help you to get on with running your business effectively.
Our team of go-to finance specialists acts on new and complex developments in corporate and specialised finance areas including:
- syndicated lending
- acquisition funding
- asset-based and project financing
- mezzanine financing
- property financing
- trade finance
- receivables finance
- warehouse financing and securitisation
- export credit finance.
- Acting for NZX and ASX-listed Kathmandu Holdings on the acquisition of Rip Curl for AU$350m; and associated $145m capital raise and $231m debt financing.
- Advising Southern Cross Cables on the SXNEXT Project, the extension of its existing sub-sea fibre telecommunications cable ecosystem from Australia and New Zealand to the United States. This was funded via a combination of project finance debt held by Southern Cross and further equity investment by Southern Cross shareholders.
- Supporting Westpac New Zealand on the financing arrangements of an SPV for the acquisition of two significant Todd Energy power assets.
- Acting for BNZ as facility and security agent for ANZ, BNZ, Citibank and Rabobank on the establishment of Zespri’s syndicated seasonal funding programme under an existing general group security and guarantee structure.
- Advising InfraRed Capital Partners on the sale of its interest in the Public Private Partnership at Auckland South Corrections Facility to the AMP Capital Community Infrastructure Fund - the first secondary sale of equity interests in a public private partnership in New Zealand.
- Advising HSBC and Bank of China on the secured syndicated refinance of EnviroNZ involving senior, hedging and trade/transactional facilities.
- Acting for Westpac New Zealand on the provision of term, working capital and bank guarantee facilities to QMS Media and Mediaworks for the purpose of the QMS Media and MediaWorks merger.
- Supporting Crown Irrigation Investments on the structuring, funding and all other legal aspects of its investment in the Waimea Community Dam project. Included providing a bespoke construction/project facility as well as a debt facility.
- Advising Export Credit Norway, GIEK and their supporting international and local commercial lenders on the financing, construction and delivery of Sealord’s flagship deep-sea fishing trawler.
- Advising both Conrad Funds Management and Westpac New Zealand on the establishment of a warehouse securitisation programme to support Conrad Funds’ business expansion and development opportunities.
Ranked Tier One for banking and finance work.Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 | Chambers Asia Pacific 2020 | IFLR1000 2020