Speak to our experts
The quality of our regulatory systems has a major impact on lives, work and businesses. Government expects regulatory agencies to be stewards of these regulatory systems and recently we've seen regulators gaining additional powers.
Yet, rapid advancements in technology and innovation are shifting the playing field. And disruption is creating a pipeline of new products, services and ideas that companies and regulators are trying to adapt to.
Our experience with regulatory problems and regulators coupled with our understanding of commercial drivers and processes, means we can help you work toward a maintainable regulatory setting. For many years, we’ve acted for New Zealand’s major regulated entities on a wide range of issues.
Our go-to strategic advisors provide a range of regulatory advice to organisations operating at the intersection of public and private sectors, including:
- helping you set your regulatory strategy
- regulatory processes, such as price setting
- regulatory compliance
- responding to investigations, and regulatory and institutional reform
- assisting governments across the Pacific on legal, regulatory and institutional reform projects.
Advising New Zealand’s major regulated entities including:
- Transpower, Christchurch International Airport, Wellington International Airport, Powerco, Aurora Energy and Vector in relation to the setting of their price-quality paths
- Fonterra Co-operative Group on its response to the Dairy Industry Restructuring Act (DIRA) reforms
- Christchurch International Airport on its response to aviation policy and regulatory changes
- Transpower to develop its regulatory strategy, including in response to climate change
- Aurora Energy, Vector and Transpower in relation to Commerce Commission enforcement investigations of contraventions of service quality standards
- Chorus on a wide range of regulatory issues but particularly the Commerce Commission’s implementation of the Telecommunications Act’s New Regulatory Framework
- Asia Development Bank funded project examining the utility and application of international legal frameworks in Pacific Island jurisdictions (including Tonga and Samoa), as well as in cybersecurity and e-transactions
- Government of the Federated States of Micronesia on the design, establishment of, and support for, a Telecommunications Regulatory Authority.
Responsive to the nature, timing and priority of our requirements.Chambers Asia Pacific 2021