Speak to our experts
The pace of digital change is accelerating. Increasingly, technology decisions and technology investments set the course for entire businesses – so never has there been a higher premium on getting it right.
Known as New Zealand’s pre-eminent Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) team, we can help you realise the opportunities and navigate the pitfalls of digital transformation and convergence. Clients seek out our advice on issues across the TMT spectrum including major transformation projects, cloud migration, data and privacy, mobility, the Internet of Things, smart infrastructure and automation, fintech and artificial intelligence.
Going beyond traditional legal work, we provide a multi-disciplinary approach and offer expertise across a broad range of areas including:
- privacy and data protection
- technology transactions
- government regulation
- intellectual property
- corporate transactions, ventures and alliances.
We've represented New Zealand’s leading telecommunications, technology and media providers, as well as many of the country’s significant enterprises on their most challenging technology projects including:
- advising Alibaba on all aspects of New Zealand’s regulatory regime applicable to e-transactions (import and export), and various other regulatory matters
- assisting leading New Zealand banks on their procurement of software and services
- advising Microsoft on a range of matters in New Zealand and Australia
- acting for HgCapital on its $255m acquisition of a majority stake in Orion Health’s Rhapsody business
- advising Fisher & Paykel Healthcare on migrating its learning management and HR systems to the cloud, including negotiations with the service provider and implementation partner
- working in partnership with a number of clients to advise on automation and software as a service options.
Ranked Tier One for technology, media & telecommunications work.Chambers Asia Pacific 2022 | Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022