Speak to our experts
By working with our award-winning Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team, you will benefit from tailored and strategic advice to ensure a successful outcome for your deal.
We lead the market in providing advice on merger, acquisition and disposal transactions for international and New Zealand clients, including large multinationals and leading private equity players. We have advised on more M&A work than any other New Zealand firm, including many of New Zealand’s most significant cross-border deals. Our expertise in New Zealand's largest M&A deals gives us an unmatched understanding of opportunities, issues and potential pitfalls.
Advising international and New Zealand clients, including large multinationals and leading private equity players on:
- strategy and implementation of takeovers
- joint ventures
- complex transactions.
Some of our recent notable highlights include advising:
- InfraRed Capital Partners and Northleaf Capital Partners on the NZ$1.7b acquisition of Vodafone’s passive mobile tower assets
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board (OTPP) on OTPP’s NZ$1.115b acquisition of Spark’s passive mobile towers business
- Partners Life and its shareholders on the sale to Tokyo-listed insurer Dai-ichi Life for approximately $1bn
- Kiwi Group Holdings Limited on the sale of Kiwi Wealth to Fisher Funds for NZ$310 million
- Z Energy on its $2b takeover by Ampol by way of scheme of arrangement
- Queensland Investment Corporation on the acquisition of the Evolution Healthcare Group
- Morgan Stanley Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of the StraitNZ business which operates the Bluebridge Cook Strait ferries from CPE Capital and others.
- Precinct Properties New Zealand on its NZ$1b property fund joint venture with GIC,
- The Selwyn Foundation on sale of six retirement villages and aged care facilities to listed retirement operator Metlifecare for NZ$212m
- Arvida Group on its NZ$345m acquisition of the Arena Living retirement village portfolio from leading global investment fund, Blackstone
- Mercury on the acquisition of Trustpower’s retail business, including electricity and gas supply, broadband and mobile phone services (NZ$441m)
- Mercury on a consortium bid with PowAR to acquire Tilt under a NZ$3.24b scheme of arrangement whereby Mercury acquired Tilt's New Zealand assets for ~NZ$770m enterprise value
- Pencarrow Private Equity on the sale of its equity interests in Seqequent to American-based software development company, Bentley Systems
Ranked Tier One for corporate and M&A work.Chambers Asia Pacific 2022 | Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022 | IFLR1000 2021