By working with our award-winning Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team, you will benefit from tailored and strategic advice to ensure a successful outcome for your deal.
We lead the market in providing advice on merger, acquisition and disposal transactions for international and New Zealand clients, including large multinationals and leading private equity players. We have advised on more M&A work than any other New Zealand firm, including many of New Zealand’s most significant cross-border deals. Our expertise in New Zealand's largest M&A deals gives us an unmatched understanding of opportunities, issues and potential pitfalls.
Advising international and New Zealand clients, including large multinationals and leading private equity players on:
- strategy and implementation of takeovers
- joint ventures
- complex transactions.
Some of our recent notable highlights include advising:
- Fonterra Co-operative Group on the sale of Tip Top, its iconic ice cream brand
- Infratil on the $3.4b acquisition of Vodafone New Zealand and $400m capital raising
- AMP on the sale of AMP Life to Resolution Life Group for AU$3.3b
- Metlifecare on its $1.3b scheme of arrangement with Asia Pacific Village Group, owned by EQT Infrastructure IV fund
- ANZ Bank New Zealand on its sale of OnePath Life for $700m to specialist global insurer Cigna Corporation
- Shell New Zealand on all aspects of its New Zealand divestment programme, including the various separate divestments and overall regulatory strategy
- PGG Wrightson on its latest deal to sell its seed and grain business to leading global seeds group DLF Seeds for $421m
- Mercury on all aspects of the sale of its smart-metering business, Metrix, to intelliHUB Group for a cash consideration of $270m
- Gas Services New Zealand on the $200m acquisition of the Ahuroa Gas Storage Facility from Contact Energy
- Tegel Foods on all legal aspects in relation to Philippine’s Bounty Fresh Food Inc.’s $437.8m takeover of the New Zealand-based poultry company.
Ranked Tier One for corporate and M&A work.Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 | IFLR1000 2021