In this Sound Counsel podcast, Kylie Mutch, a senior associate in our Construction & Major Projects team, gives her expert insights into what lies ahead for the construction industry, when looking at cost escalation.
If we go right back to the beginning of the pandemic, we have seen a huge surge in the sheer volume of construction being undertaken but coupled with challenges the industry hasn’t seen before.Kylie Mutch, senior associate
Topics Kylie covers include:
- Contributing factors to cost escalation in the construction industry [00:30]
- How the market has responded [1:30]
- Solutions through construction contracts [2:20]
- Cost share arrangements and the progressive lump sum approach [3:10]
- Outlook and recommendations for the remainder of 2022 [5:00]