BCom, LLB (Hons), University of Auckland
2016, New Zealand
Conor is an experienced tax advisor with a passion for solving novel tax issues for clients in a range of practice areas, including banking and finance, mergers and acquisitions, trusts, property and GST.
Conor’s clients include listed companies, banks, private equity, high net worth individuals and not-for-profits.
- Providing tax advice to New Zealand Green Investment Finance in relation to the securitisation of solarZero’s residential Power Purchase Agreements.
- Assisting on the tax aspects of Pepper Money’s NZ$1.4b acquisition of HSBC’s New Zealand prime residential mortgage portfolio.
- Advising managed Funds on the portfolio investment entity (PIE) tax regime, including Fund documentation, transaction implementation and ongoing PIE tax compliance.
- Acting for a private equity Fund in relation to the acquisition of portfolio companies, including transaction structuring, carrying out tax due diligence on target companies, and assisting with the tax aspects of sale and purchase agreements.
- Working closely with high net worth clients on complex tax issues, including navigating the CFC and FIF rules.
- Helping the firm’s corporate clients with designing and implementing employee share schemes, including exempt employee share schemes.