LLB, BCOM, University of Auckland
2008, New Zealand
Specialising in tax law, Rupesh advises on a wide range of tax matters including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, corporate restructuring and reorganisations, cross-border transactions, and financing matters.
Before joining Chapman Tripp in May 2017, Rupesh worked in London in the corporate tax teams of a number of US-based law firms, advising clients on mergers and acquisitions, corporate transactions and reorganisations and managed funds.
- Advised ANZ Bank on tax matters in relation to its sale of OnePath Life to global insurer Cigna Corporation.
- Advised Mercury on the tax aspects of the sale of its smart-metering business to intelliHUB Group.
- Assisted a number of private equity firms with their fund structures, acquisitions and various investment sales.
- Acted for Wells Fargo Bank on tax matters for the acquisition of their European headquarters based in London.
- Advised a US headquartered multinational entertainment group on the restructure and integration of its television business across European jurisdictions.
- Advised a multinational technology group on tax matters for the worldwide launch of their technology and streaming services.
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand.