As specialists in environment, planning and resource management and a proven track record in delivering results, we understand the issues that impact you.
We advise on commercial, residential and industrial projects, land use planning, infrastructure development, public works and consenting.
Our team has worked across a wide range of complex and high profile matters, providing win‑win solutions. Clients choose to work with us because we can deliver insights from our extensive experience with legislative and regulatory issues and approval processes, and we have expertise across all RMA sectors – including energy (transmission and generation), Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS), climate change, farming, fisheries, infrastructure, transport (airports, ports, road and rail), water and urban planning.
Known for delivering results in a straightforward and efficient manner, we advise on:
- construction, infrastructure and projects
- national, regional and district planning and policy
- Conservation and Reserves Act issues
- iwi issues
- environmental compliance and due diligence
- local government, development contributions and local authority charges
- climate change and ETS.
- Advising Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency on numerous projects, including the Pūhoi to Warkworth project and undertaking extensive work as the legal team of the Further North Alliance.
- Acting for Queenstown Airport Corporation to obtain necessary statutory approvals and compulsory acquisition of land for a new Code C taxiway and General Aviation Precinct (19ha of additional land) to enable a major expansion of Queenstown Airport.
- Representing Lyttelton Port Company through a process of obtaining consents for two of the largest projects in New Zealand, including the capital dredging of the harbour and the construction of a 30ha reclamation.
- Advising Mercury on planning provisions affecting their major windfarm proposal in Palmerston North.
- Acting for Waimakariri Irrigation Limited on all resource consent matters relating to the Waimakariri Irrigation scheme, including a large storage dam/reservoir located on the Canterbury Plains.
- Assisting Ryman Healthcare on a number of retirement village projects around New Zealand.
- Representing Sanford (large fisheries company) on consent for its expansion of salmon farms around Stewart Island.
- Acting for Fonterra, Z Energy and Dairy Holdings defending these parties from an application in relation to the control emissions and the extent of climate change obligations.
Ranked Tier One for environment, projects and resource management work.Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022