Georgina specialises in corporate and commercial law, with a focus on ICT projects and consumer law.
With a strong interest in technology law, Georgina works with a range of clients, including those in the technology, banking, energy, and telecommunications industries, and the public sector. Georgina regularly advises clients in relation to commercial contracting, privacy issues, and consumer protection law.
Before joining Chapman Tripp, Georgina worked for e-commerce platform Trade Me and a boutique New Zealand law firm.
- Assisting a state-owned enterprise with funding agreements, subcontracting arrangements, licensing and other contractual matters for a five year, $11.5m research initiative.
- Acting for a crown agent to re-negotiate its enterprise resource planning and financial systems software contracts with a key supplier.
- Acting for a high growth software-as-a-service business to negotiate material contracts for its expansion into the American market.
- As in-house counsel, advising Trade Me on contractual matters to facilitate consumer access to the Australian National Exchange of Vehicle and Driver Information System.
- Assisting clients with a range of data protection issues, including in relation to consumer-facing privacy notices, data commercialisation and analytics, cloud storage, and personal information requests.
- Advising on compliance with consumer protection laws and the Advertising Standards Authority codes.
- Wellington Women Lawyers’ Association.