Kym specialises in commercial law with a focus on government procurement (including collaborative contracts) and ICT projects.
She has extensive expertise supporting the delivery of complex commercial and ICT projects for the public sector.
Kym regularly advises clients in relation to commercial and ICT contracting, structuring their procurement process, risks of challenge or judicial review, and machinery of government.
Before joining Chapman Tripp, Kym worked for the award winning New Zealand Government Procurement branch within MBIE and another top tier law firm.
- Assisting public entities with complex ICT procurements.
- As in-house counsel, advising MBIE on the transition from functional to system leadership for property and procurement, assisting with the All-of-Government procurements for print technology and associated services, IT hardware and financial services.
- Assisting state schools with contract issues and to navigate consumer protection and unfair contract terms law.
- Assisting clients with a range of data protection issues, including in relation to consumer-facing privacy notices, data commercialisation and analytics, cloud storage, and personal information requests.
- Wellington Women Lawyers’ Association.