Tim specialises in corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on ICT projects, outsourcing, intellectual property, procurement, privacy and data protection, and consumer law.
With a passion for designing and implementing technology-enhanced legal services, Tim has delivered a number of complex legal automation projects for our clients, through Zeren, Chapman Tripp's legaltech arm.
Tim is recognised as an Up and Coming lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2021 and as a leading individual by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021.
- Working with Kiwibank on licensing, implementation and long-term support contracts for the replacement of its core banking system, as well as a wide range of partnership, supply and distribution contracts enabling Kiwibank’s credits cards, insurance and home loan offerings.
- Assisting Airways with licensing, implementation and long-term support contracts for the replacement of its Air Traffic Management System, a five-year, $60m capital project.
- Helping Powerco tender and negotiate long-term field services contracts with the major providers of maintenance and upgrade work on its electricity lines network, and supporting Powerco on a wide range of contract and regulatory matters concerning access to and use of its gas and electricity lines networks.
- Advising Maritime New Zealand on the tender process and contracts for construction and maintenance of a ground station and IT system forming part of the global MEOSAR satellite network, which monitors and relays signals from emergency distress beacons.
- Supporting New Zealand Post on contracts for the replacement of its FMIS/ERP system, an overhaul of its outsourced payroll solution, and migrating its core billing systems to the cloud.
- Working with Chorus on the negotiation of its UFB2 arrangements with Crown Infrastructure Partners (formerly Crown Fibre Holdings).