BCA, LLB (Hons), Victoria University of Wellington
1995, New Zealand
Hamish advises on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances, major infrastructure projects, restructuring and insolvency, outsourcing and information technology for a variety of business entities and contractual arrangements in New Zealand and Europe.
He also assists with corporate governance and regulatory requirements for public bodies and listed entities.
Hamish is recommended by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 for his corporate and mergers and acquisitions experience.
- Advised the Earthquake Commission on its request for proposal, tender evaluation and contracting of its Project Management Office (PMO) for the Canterbury earthquakes. In just a few weeks, this process involved a competitive international tender process that resulted in Fletcher Construction being appointed as PMO for an estimated 100,000 claims valued at over $2.5b.
- Acted for Gough Holdings on the sale of Gough Group to Sime Derby.
- Advised Christchurch City Holdings on the proposed sale of City Care and other potential projects.
- Counselled receivers, mortgagees, liquidators and financiers on security issues for real and personal property, including contested situations.
- Assisted property developers and others with creditor compromise arrangements and restructuring proposals.