Laura specialises in competition, regulatory, and international law.
She advises a broad range of clients on regulatory compliance matters. Laura is experienced in engaging with the Commerce Commission on cartel investigations, merger clearances, market studies, and a variety of other competition and consumer issues.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, Laura worked for a number of international organisations, including NATO and the United Nations, as well as the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office. Laura started her career in New Zealand at another major New Zealand law firm, working across competition, regulatory, and public law practice areas.
- Acting for clients in merger clearance processes.
- Assisting clients subject to enforcement investigations by the Commerce Commission, including in relation to requests for information and documents, and interviews by Commission investigators.
- Advising clients on the regulation of New Zealand’s electricity industry.
- Advising clients on compliance with sanctions regimes, including New Zealand’s Russia sanctions regime.
- Advising clients on international trade law issues, including the risks of measures being challenged before the World Trade Organisation.
- Advising clients on public international law, including state immunity, treaty interpretation, international territorial issues, international environmental law, fisheries law, and law of the sea.
- Committee member of the Law and Economics Association of New Zealand