Lucy is experienced in engaging with the Commerce Commission on cartel, merger clearances, market studies and a variety of other competition and consumer issues. She also advises clients on their everyday competition law, consumer and regulatory issues.
Previously, Lucy worked in the competition departments of Slaughter and May in London and Mallesons Stephen Jacques (now King & Wood Mallesons) in Sydney.
- Advising EBOS on successfully obtaining New Zealand merger clearance in 2022 for its acquisition of New Zealand LifeHealthcare business.
- Advising Foodstuffs on the Commerce Commission’s second market study, into retail grocery.
- Acting for Z Energy on the merger clearance process for its acquisition by Ampol.
- Advising Aon plc on its New Zealand merger clearance application to acquire Willis Towers Watson.
- Advising Z Energy on its response to the Commerce Commission's first-ever market study, into retail fuel.
- Advising Pfizer on the New Zealand merger clearance process for the combination of its off-patent branded and generics business Upjohn with Mylan, and acting for Pfizer on the New Zealand merger clearance process for the combination of its GlaxoSmithKline’s consumer healthcare businesses.
- Advising on Commerce Commission investigations of cartel and other anti-competitive conduct, and consumer protection issues, including Bayleys on the Commission's real estate cartel investigation.