LLB, BA, Victoria University of Wellington
August 2016, New Zealand
Sophie advises clients across a wide range of industries.
Sophie is experienced in engaging with the Commerce Commission on merger control, enforcement and investigations, and Commerce Act regulation. Her clients also receive advice from her on their everyday competition law, consumer and regulatory issues.
She has particular experience advising clients in the telecommunications and electricity sectors.
- Advising EROAD on its merger clearance application to acquire Coretex.
- Advising Cargotec on its New Zealand clearance application to acquire Konecranes.
- Advising Chorus on competition law issues, telecommunications regulation and the implementation of the new regulatory framework for fibre services.
- Advising Pfizer on the New Zealand merger clearance process for the combination of its off-patent branded and generics business Upjohn with Mylan.
- Advising companies under investigation by the Commerce Commission for anticompetitive market conduct including misuse of market power, price fixing and consumer protection issues.
- Advising an electricity lines company on Commerce Commission enforcement proceedings for non-compliance with price-quality determinations.
- Advising clients on the competition law aspects of multinational mergers, including securing Commerce Commission clearance for the global merger of Luxottica and Essilor.
- Assisting clients with Commerce Commission, Financial Markets Authority and Reserve Bank information requests, reviews and investigations.