Specialising in competition and regulatory law, Sophie advises clients across a wide range of industries.
Sophie helps with merger control, enforcement and investigations, and Commerce Act regulation. Her clients also receive advice from her on their everyday competition law, consumer and regulatory issues.
She has particular experience advising clients in the telecommunications and electricity sectors.
- Advised Chorus on competition law issues, telecommunications regulation and the implementation of the new regulatory framework for fibre services.
- Helped companies under investigation by the Commerce Commission for anticompetitive market conduct including misuse of market power, price fixing and consumer protection issues.
- Advised an electricity lines company on Commerce Commission enforcement proceedings for non-compliance with price-quality determinations.
- Advised clients on the competition law aspects of multinational mergers, including securing Commerce Commission clearance for the global merger of Luxottica and Essilor.
- Assisted clients with Commerce Commission, Financial Markets Authority and Reserve Bank information requests, reviews and investigations.