Specialising in resource consent and designation processes under the Resource Management Act, Nicola advises national infrastructure providers, property developers, Māori organisations, environmental organisations and other businesses and individuals.
She also assists clients with Local Government Act development contributions and Public Works Act issues.
Nicola has appeared as counsel at Council, Environment Court and High Court level, and represented clients at mediation and informal negotiations. She has extensive experience advising on a wide range of legal and strategic issues, and has a particular interest in legislative and regulatory reform.
- Acted for a major retirement village provider on resource consent applications for retirement village developments across New Zealand, as well as a number of planning processes.
- Represented Transpower on various planning processes, including the Auckland Unitary Plan Environment Court and High Court appeals.
- Advised Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency on the designation and resource consent aspects of a number of state highway projects.
- Acted for an iwi organisation opposing resource consents for a geothermal power station, and an iwi organisation opposing resource consents for a coastal development.
- Advised infrastructure providers on a number of national planning documents, including the New Zealand Coastal Policy Statement, National Policy Statement for Electricity Transmission and the National Environmental Standard for Telecommunication Facilities.
- Advised various clients on legislative and regulatory reform processes.
- Resource Management Law Association.
- Auckland Women Lawyers Association.
- Infrastructure New Zealand.