Paula advises public and commercial clients on the resource management and environmental aspects of developments, retail and infrastructure projects, land transport matters, due diligence investigations and Overseas Investment Act issues.
She has extensive experience in managing the consenting process for complex, large-scale infrastructure projects.
She is recognised as a leading individual by Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020 and ranked as a notable practitioner by IFLR1000 2020.
- Advised Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency, as legal manager of the Further North Alliance, on the successful consenting of the Pūhoi to Warkworth motorway north of Auckland.
- Advised Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency on the initial planning and consenting phase of the proposed additional Waitematā Harbour crossing project.
- Provided specialist advice to corporate entities on environmental due diligences (both purchaser and vendor), including coordinating environmental audits and reviewing relevant contract and warranty provisions.
- Advised Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency at Council and Environment Court, on the designation and resource consent aspects of a number of state highway projects, including the Victoria Park Tunnel, duplicate SH20 Manukau Harbour Crossing and Waikato Expressway-Cambridge Section.
- Overseen and managed property assessments for the resource management components of the Overseas Investment Act.
- Member of Chapman Tripp's board.