Alana advises public and commercial clients across electricity generation, utilities, industrial processes, mining, oil and gas and emissions trading sectors.
Alana specialises in resource management and environmental aspects of large-scale energy and infrastructure projects, property development, commercial contracts and due diligence investigations. Her extensive experience assisting clients on environmental and planning liabilities means she is often called upon to act for clients with large international commercial transactions and contracts.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, Alana was a Senior Associate in Allen & Overy LLP's Global Environmental and Regulatory Law Group in London, and before that she worked for a specialist environment and resource management practice in New Zealand.
- Advised developers and operators of major electricity generation, transmission and distribution assets (including onshore and offshore wind farms, hydro power stations, geothermal power stations and thermal power stations, including nuclear) on consenting, permitting, renewing and compliance issues.
- Assisted developers and operators of upstream and downstream oil and gas assets (including refineries), heavy industrial facilities and mines with consenting, designations and compliance issues.
- Represented chemical manufacturing, industrial, oil and gas and agricultural clients on leading climate change litigation both in New Zealand and Europe.
- Advised a range of (direct and indirect) greenhouse gas emitters on climate change policy, regulatory development, contractual arrangements, compliance issues, risk management and disclosure issues.
- Acted for developers of nationally and regionally significant infrastructure and mixed use and residential developments on resource consent applications and plan change processes.
- Provided specialist advice to local and international corporates on environmental due diligence (both purchaser and vendor), including coordinating environmental audits and drafting and negotiating transaction documents including environmental warranties and indemnities.
- Resource Management Law Association.
- New Zealand Planning Institute.
- Infrastructure New Zealand.
- Law and Economics Association of New Zealand.