LLB (Hons) Victoria University of Wellington; BSc (Hons) University of Auckland
2011, New Zealand; 2016, Victoria
Advising clients on all aspects of environmental and planning law, Hadleigh has particular experience with complex large-scale approval processes, environmental impacts, heritage issues, contaminated land, community engagement and environmental contractual obligations.
As a former biomedical scientist, he is adept at understanding and applying technical and scientific concepts in a legal context.
Prior to re-joining Chapman Tripp in 2020, Hadleigh worked as a specialist planning and environmental lawyer with Clayton Utz in Melbourne on major road and rail projects.
- Key team member assisting Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency on major projects including Transmission Gully and the MacKays to Peka Peka ‘Roads of National Significance’ projects.
- Advising and representing Radio New Zealand on all planning and environmental issues associated with Radio New Zealand’s nation transmission infrastructure including reverse sensitivity issues and plan changes.
- Acted on High Court litigation matters arising from the Christchurch earthquakes.
- Advising clients on the biggest reform of Victoria’s environmental law in a generation, through the introduction of a radically new legislative regime in the Environment Protection Act 2017.
- Core team member assisting the Victorian government with all environmental and planning issues associated with the new $16b North East Link road and tunnel project. Issues included approvals strategy, preparing a public environment report for Federal approval, preparation of an Environmental Effects Statement for State approval, advising on the intersection of State and Federal approvals, and preparing planning scheme amendment documentation.
- Core team member responsible for advice and support on all planning and environmental approvals for the West Gate Tunnel Project, a $6.7b project to provide a road and tunnel connection from Melbourne’s West. Extensive involvement in the Environmental Effects Statement process and ongoing advice on project delivery.
- Responsible for assisting with and advising on planning and environmental approvals for the removal of 75 road/rail level crossings in Victoria.
- Resource Management Law Association.