BA, LLB, The University of Auckland; LLM, Georgetown University Law Center
2012, New Zealand; 2018, New York
An experienced legal counsel, Chris advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, group reorganisations, equity investments, corporate governance and commercial contracts.
Chris re-joined the firm in 2019 after spending three years in Washington DC where he gained an advanced degree in international business and economic law and admission to the New York State bar. During this period Chris also acted as Legal Counsel for New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, the New Zealand Government’s trade promotion agency.
- Assisted InfraRed Capital Partners with the sale of its 40% interest in the Public Private Partnership at the Wiri Auckland South Corrections Facility to the AMP Capital Community Infrastructure Fund.
- Advised the previous owners of the New Zealand Institute of Sport on their acquisition by Intueri Education Group.
- Acted for Vector on the $20m acquisition of Arc Innovations from Meridian Energy and entry into associated long-term electricity smart metering deployment contracts.
- Assisted a multi-national insurance group on the New Zealand aspects of its global restructuring.
- Acted for ikeGPS on its $25m IPO and NZX Main Board listing.
- Acted for Infratil, New Zealand Superannuation Fund and Z Energy on the $840m IPO and associated listing on the NZX Main Board and ASX of Z Energy.