Josh specialises in mergers and acquisitions, private equity and securities law.
With particular experience in public sector transactional matters, he has advised Treasury, state-owned enterprises and Crown entities on various transactions and corporate governance matters.
Josh is recognised as a notable practitioner by IFLR1000 2020.
- InfraRed Capital Partners on the sale of its 40% interest in the public private partnership at the Wiri Auckland South Corrections Facility to the AMP Capital Community Infrastructure Fund
- Infratil on the $3.4b acquisition of Vodafone New Zealand and $400m capital raising via an underwritten institutional private placement and rights offer
- New Zealand Post on the sale of a 47% stake in Kiwi Group Holdings, the holding company for the Kiwibank group of financial services entities, to the New Zealand Superannuation Fund and Accident Compensation Corporation for $494m, including the establishment of joint governance arrangements
- Vector on its sale of subsidiary Vector Gas, owner of gas transmission pipelines and gas distribution networks outside of Auckland, to two infrastructure funds managed by First State Investments for $952.5m
- Treasury on the sale by the New Zealand Government of AMI Insurance of assets and liabilities to IAG New Zealand for $340m and the establishment of Southern Response to manage AMI's Canterbury earthquake-related assets and liabilities
- Beach Energy on its acquisition of the Origin Energy subsidiary Lattice Energy for AU$1.585b.