Specialising in commercial dispute resolution and regulatory investigations, Daniel advises clients on contract and commercial disputes including liabilities for company directors, auditor and officers.
Daniel also advises on regulatory cases involving the Commerce Commission, Financial Markets Authority, Serious Fraud Office and Inland Revenue.
He spent two years on secondment at Slaughter and May in London, where he was an associate in the firm’s competition practice. During his time there, he advised on all aspects of competition law, including mergers and joint ventures, pricing and distribution structures, regulatory investigations and contentious matters.
- Advised one of New Zealand's largest business enterprises on several contract and regulatory disputes.
- Acted for a large listed New Zealand company on a contract interpretation dispute worth $35m.
- Assisted on a major multi-million dollar international arbitration involving the sale of a significant piece of New Zealand infrastructure on sensitive land to offshore interests.
- Advised receivers, liquidators and directors on litigation arising from several finance company collapses.
- Advised several large New Zealand companies on internal investigations regarding sensitive matters with litigation risk.
- Worked with several international and New Zealand clients on Commerce Commission investigations into alleged price-fixing activity.