LLB (Hons), BA, University of Otago
2013, New Zealand
Emma is an experienced corporate lawyer specialising in mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations and corporate governance.
Prior to returning to New Zealand in 2021, Emma worked in London for five years, including two years with magic circle firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and three years in-house as M&A and corporate counsel at Athora, a European insurance and reinsurance group.
- Leading New Zealand life insurance provider, Partners Life on its sale to Tokyo-listed insurer Dai-ichi Life for approximately $1b.
- Connexa (in which Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan is currently a 70% shareholder, 83% post transaction) on the acquisition of 2degrees’ passive mobile telecommunications tower assets for approximately $1.076b.
- Eastland Group on the sale of 100% of the shares in Eastland Network Limited to Australian-based Igneo Infrastructure Partners for $260m.
- Freshmax Group on the sale of its New Zealand pipfruit business, inclusive of Freshmax Exports, Crasborn Fresh Harvest, Freshmax Orchards and Freshmax Farms to GTP Orchards Limited.
- Jarden on the merger of the Jarden Direct and Hatch investment platforms, and related joint venture arrangements.
- Various overseas investors on the application of New Zealand’s overseas investment regime.