LLB(Hons)/BA, University of Canterbury
Specialising in trust matters, James helps clients with trust formation and administration, trust structuring and succession planning.
He has experience and a broad knowledge of trust law from both a private client and commercial perspective.
Prior to joining Chapman Tripp, James was a solicitor in a boutique law firm specialising in trusts and personal asset planning, and worked in a funds management team at another national law firm.
- Designed asset protection structures and inter-generational succession plans for families and individuals.
- Reorganised trusts and assets, including resettlements and variations of existing trusts.
- Advised on ongoing conduct and administration of family trusts and trust estates.
- Established alternative asset owning vehicles such as limited partnerships and companies.
- Presented submissions on the new Trusts Bill as well as the Law Commission's previous report on trust law and various issue papers on specific trust law issues.