Kishan specialises in renewable energy project development and commercial contracting – including power purchase and offtake arrangements, operations, maintenance and services arrangements and connection agreements.
He also advises on energy sector M&A transactions, project structuring and regulatory compliance.
Before joining Chapman Tripp, Kishan worked for New Zealand gentailer Genesis where he was legal counsel and Privacy Officer and prior to that, at another large law firm in its corporate and commercial (IP/IT) team.
- Advised Woodside Energy on its successful bid to partner with Meridian Energy, Ngāi Tahu and Mitsui to develop the Southern Green Hydrogen Project.
- Advised Westpac New Zealand in financing five solar farms developed by Lodestone Energy, and constructed in Dargaville, Kaitaia, Waiotahe Valley, Edgecumbe and Whitianga totalling 330GWh.
- Drafted and negotiated a number of high value gas sale agreements (both on buyer side and seller side).
- Advised Eastland Network Limited on the $260M sale of its electricity distribution business to Igneo Infrastructure Partners.
- Advised Microsoft on its renewable attribute purchase agreement with Contact Energy, under which Contact provides Microsoft with all the renewable energy attributes generated by Contact’s new 51.4MW Te Huka geothermal power station.
- Drafted and negotiated a number of power purchase agreements (PPAs), both as generator and offtaker and including traditional PPAs, corporate PPAs and sleeved PPAs.
- Advised an international solar developer on its grid connection arrangements with Transpower for a number of solar farms.
- Board Member, Neuro Connection Foundation.