Specialising in corporate and commercial law, Kishan focuses on energy projects commercial contracting, technology and intellectual property.
Kishan has experience advising on commercial gas and electricity, technology and procurement contracts, as well as providing advice on intellectual property, consumer and privacy law and regulatory compliance.
Before joining Chapman Tripp, Kishan worked for New Zealand gentailer Genesis where he was legal counsel and Privacy Officer and prior to that, at another Big Six law firm in its corporate and commercial (IP/IT) team.
- Advised on the negotiation and drafting of a number of high value Gas Sale Agreements (both on buyer side and seller side).
- Assisted with the implementation and launch of a number of IoT products, services and solutions.
- Advised a tier 2 electricity retailer on its brand strategy and intellectual property portfolio in preparation for a rebrand.
- Advised on all aspects of privacy law, including assisting a business with the development of privacy and data management policies and standards.
- Board Member, Neuro Connection Foundation.